A receding hairline or thinning hairline may quickly lead to androgenetic alopecia! LEARN the tips and treatments to stop hair loss. CALL @8377950960 or visit today.
This video includes hair care routine, diet advises, lifestyle changes and other healthy ways to stop and prevent thinning hair.
We all wish to have long and thick hair; however, it is not easily attainable. There are various factors such as age, genetic factors, sun exposure, hormonal changes, lifestyle, health conditions, and stress which affect our hair health. Dr Saguna Putto, a Senior Consultant Dermatologist at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic, explains how these factors, along with excess usage of chemicals and quick fixes, damage the hair follicles. According to her, all these ultimately lead to patterned baldness and receding hairline.
Common Hair Conditions With Men and Women:
1. Widening hairline
2. Bald patches leading to androgenetic alopecia
1. Allergic reactions due to certain hair products
2. Traction due to styling on one particular area
3. Hormonal fluctuations
4. Side effects due to medications/treatment
How To Stop and Prevent Receding Hair Line and Thinning Hair?
Hair Care Routine:
1. Ideally, you should shampoo your hair 2-3 times in a week, and if you have an oily scalp, then the frequency of hair wash should be more.
2. Let your hair dry naturally or gently towel dry it to reduce breakage.
3. Make sure to choose products which suit your hair type. They should be free of parabens and sulphate.
4. You should oil your hair regularly. However, if you have an oily scalp or are prone to dandruff, then you should avoid leaving the oil overnight. Just apply it for a short period.
Diet & Nutrition: There is a strong connection between a balanced diet and healthy hair. Nutrients from different food items help in maintaining the hair’s strength and increasing its growth.
1. Food items containing Vitamin B12, iron, and protein are very effective in boosting hair health.
2. Consuming food rich in Omega-3 fatty acids helps in maintaining hair health.
3. Minerals like zinc and selenium are effective in improving the hair’s strength and texture.
4. Stay hydrated so that your body can absorb all these nutrients and flush out the toxins
1. Avoid smoking and excessive drinking, as it adversely affects hair health.
2. Regulate the hormonal levels in your body by exercising regularly and managing your stress levels.
3. Opt for low tension hairstyles and reduce the use of heat treatments such as curling, straightening and blow-drying, especially during the summers.
4. Avoid exposure to extreme weather conditions by covering your hair with a scarf or hat. If required, you can also use a hydrating serum.
Lifestyle & Routine: It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and proper hair care routine, to maintain hair growth and reduce the risk of hair loss.
1. Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy – This is the safest method for treating hair loss. Dermatologists inject the regenerative materials extracted from the autologous plasma on the affected areas of the scalp to promote new hair growth. Results are visible after 2-3 sessions as PRP is effective in reversing the effects of genetic/patterned balding.
2. Topical and Oral Medications – Topical medication like minoxidil can help in reversing the shrinking of hair follicles and induce new hair growth. Finasteride is an oral medication for men, which is effective in reducing hair thinning.
Remember, receiving the right treatment on time, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and following proper hair care routine will help in improving your hair health and strength.
For more help contact your nearest branch.
1. HYDERABAD – Banjara Hills, Gachibowli, Himayatnagar, Jubilee Hills, Kukatpally & Secunderabad.
2. BANGALORE – HSR Layout, HRBR Layout, Indira Nagar, Jayanagar, Koramangala, Sadashivanagar & Whitefield.
3. CHENNAI – Adyar, Alwarpet & Anna Nagar
4. KOCHI – Kadavanthra
5. VIZAG – Dwaraka Nagar
6. PUNE – Kalyani Nagar, Shivaji Nagar
7. KOLKATA – Park Street Area